Subscribe
64°
New England TikToker Accused Of Faking Cancer Dead At 26
Sydney Towle, a New England-born TikToker who has been documenting her battle with a rare cancer for three years, has died. She was 26 years old.
Towle, who was raised in New Hampshire and graduated from Dartmouth, was diagnosed with cholangiocarcinoma, a rare and aggressive bile duct cancer, in 2023. The New York Times featured her story last year after she became the target of online critics who accused her of faking her diagnosis or using her illness for financial gain.
Her death was announced Thursday morning, Aug. 6, two days after her brother, Austin, announced she'd entered hospice c…
Tewksbury Man Shot Twice In Chest By Stranger At NH Beach Doing 'Amazing' In Recovery: Police
A Massachusetts couple who were shot twice in the chest last month while visiting New Hampshire is making remarkable progress as he continues to recover, according to police.
Chase Perault, 23, of Tewksbury, and his unidentified girlfriend were at Hampton Beach over the July Fourth weekend. Police say Tyshawn Cooper, 21, a member of the U.S. Navy, pulled the trigger before turning the gun on himself.
The shooting appears to have been random, as Cooper did not know the victims, police said, and it's unclear why he shot them. He was assigned to duty in the state while the US Navy submarine he…
Western Mass Man Guilty On 28 Counts Of Child Rape, Sexual Abuse, Faces Life In Prison
A judge has found a Western Massachusetts man guilty of more than two dozen counts of child rape and sexual assault following a four-day bench trial, authorities announced.
Angel Ramos, 53, of Ware, was found guilty by Hampshire Superior Court Judge Charles W. Groce III on Monday, Aug. 3, of sexually abusing a child from 2018 until 2024, the Northwestern District Attorney's Office said.
Ramos was convicted of 13 counts of aggravated rape of a child, three counts of forcible rape of a child, six counts of indecent assault and battery on a child under 14, two counts of aggravated …
Ex-Federal Postal Inspector In Mass Will Admit To Stealing $330K From Scam Victims' Mail: DOJ
A former US Postal Inspector who investigated scams targeting senior citizens has agreed to plead guilty to stealing more than $330,000 in cash from packages mailed by elderly victims, according to federal prosecutors.
Scott Kelley, 52, of Pembroke, Massachusetts, agreed to plead guilty to 44 of 45 charges in a federal indictment on Wednesday, July 29, the US Attorney for the District of Massachusetts said Monday.
Kelley served at the Boston Division headquarters of the US Postal Inspection Service, prosecutors said. In 2015, he became team leader of the Mail Fraud Unit, which investi…